Book a courseGet your licence

HIAB Training – Get Your HIAB Licence

Find out about our fast-track Cat. C+E training

If your work is going to involve loading and offloading goods from a vehicle that has a lorry-mounted crane attached, you will need a HIAB licence, also sometimes referred to as an ALLMI Certificate.

This is an essential qualification for many people driving in the construction industry, for example, or delivering logs and other goods to domestic premises.

HIAB is in fact just one of a number of lorry-mounted crane brands. Others include Atlas, Fassi and Palfinger. ALLMI is the Association of Lorry Loader Manufacturers and Importers and an ALLMI certificate will enable you to use all different kinds of lorry-mounted crane. Another certification that is available is the ITSSAR qualification. We will discuss your specific requirements with you.

What’s involved

Driver Hire Training are here to help you gain your new licence. We’re here with you every step of the way.

Training length:
This will depend on your existing experience with lorry mounted cranes, and the particular qualification you require, but is typically between 1-3 days.

Costs and finance:
Costs will vary depending on where you do your training. We can provide all this information when you call us or submit an enquiry form. Remember, you can spread the cost of licence acquisition training through our Finance offering.

Request callback  Quote me now  Enquiry form

Ongoing requirements

Your HIAB certification is valid for five years. You will need to undertake refresher training and assessment before your current certificate expires.

Further training

You might also want to consider the following specialist skills qualifications:


Book your training

Call us on 0808 178 9977

Use our Enquiry Form